One of the most awaited films of the year, Raazi is a period thriller, an adaptation of a novel by Harinder Sikka. Alia Bhatt with Vicky Kaushal look stunning together and seem to do complete justice to Meghna Gulzar’s Raazi.
1. The author Harinder was covering the Kargil war in 1999, during which an Indian Army officer was telling him abut his mother’s life. Harinder was then inspired to write about her: Sehemat (played by Alia Bhatt)
2. The trailer reeks of love, betrayal and patriotism. Sehemat, played by Alia, is a girl who’s transformed into an Indian spy because of her father, played by Rajit Kapur. She blindly obeys him and makes his passions hers.
3. This spy thriller has Alia and Vicky in their best forms. Their chemistry as a couple is extraordinary, as Sehemat’s love for her husband who’s a Pakistani officer is believable for all.
4. The entire setting of the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971 makes the plot even more interesting, as the patriotism in each of the actors’ eyes is extremely evident. Apart from the central characters, Rajit Kapur, Shishir Sharma and Jaideep Ahalawat’s performances seem extremely impactful.
5. The songs in the film are extremely touching, as the film’s plot is emotionally driven. At the same time, the film’s plot doesn’t allow too many songs as the plot needs to be tightly packed. The song “Dilbaro” will tug at your heartstrings as it’s about the unexpressed emotions between a father and daughter. While “Ae Watan” makes us so patriotic, that the song’s lyricist Gulzar wishes for it to become the song of the nation.