Our beloved former Indian cricket captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been a favourite since day one. Standing among the best players in cricketing history. He has inspired a lot of people for a very long time and continues to do so. He was honoured with a Padma Bhushan on 2nd April 2018 and we couldn’t be more proud of him.
Padma Bhushan: A new feather in Dhoni's hat
1. Dhoni was honoured with a Padma Bhushan Award at a ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi by the President of India Ram Nath Kovind on 2nd April 2018
2. MS, who also holds the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel of Indian Army accepted the award in his army uniform
3. After receiving the honour, Dhoni on Instagram posted a picture stating, “An honour to get the Padma Bhushan and receiving it in uniform increases the excitement ten folds”
4. He further expressed his gratitude to all the soldiers who sacrifice their lives, “Thanks to all the Men and Women in Uniform and their families for the sacrifices they make so that all of us could enjoy our Constitutional Rights. Jai Hind”
5. Later, Dhoni also posted a picture with daughter Ziva in his lap, wearing his army cap