Different Types Of Coffee Recipes For You To Try
An instant energy booster, drinking coffee is a morning ritual for many people around the world. The heady fragrance of the beans enjoyed plain or mixed with milk makes for a delightful start to the day. Right from sourcing the coffee beans to brewing a tasteful coffee, is an art.
The best part about coffee is that there are different types of coffee recipes for everyone. Hot and cold, a cup of coffee can be enjoyed in any weather. While Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee are the most popular coffee concoctions, there are many other unique coffees that people can try.
Below-mentioned are some of the best coffee recipes you can try this International Coffee Day-
Cappuccino Coffee is one of the most favoured and best coffee recipes among coffee lovers. With a hint of spicy cinnamon and foamy milk, it is one of the different types of coffee with a great flavour. Follow the instructions below to make a cup of Cappuccino Coffee at home on International Coffee Day-
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cinnamon Stick - 1
- Coffee - 2 cups, strong
- Sugar - As required
- Ground Cinnamon - As required
- To make Cappuccino Coffee, firstly, heat milk along with a cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Let the milk boil.
- Once the milk boils, lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick from the boiled milk.
- Pour ½ cup of coffee into a cup and add sugar to taste.
- Now, add the boiled milk to it and let it rise.
- Your cup of Cappuccino Coffee is ready. Sprinkle ground cinnamon over it and serve hot!
An iconic cocktail, Irish Coffee is a bewildering mixture of whiskey-laced coffee and softly whipped cream. One of the best coffee recipes, it’s an indulgent drink perfect for a chilly evening. Read the instructions given below to make one of the most different types of coffee, Irish Coffee-
- Cold Whipping Cream - 50 ml, unsweetened
- Soft Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Irish Whiskey - 50 ml
- Coffee - 1 cup, freshly brewed
- Nutmeg - To sprinkle
- To make Irish Coffee, firstly, heat a tall glass, by pouring hot boiling water into it. Discard the water after a while.
- Next, whip the cream until the bubbles disappear and it has just started to thicken and ribbons form underneath the whisk. Once done, keep it for refrigeration.
- Now, in a small pan, dissolve sugar in hot water and bring it to a boil. Add the freshly brewed coffee and stir. Remove from the heat and stir in the whiskey.
- Pour this mixture into the pre-heated glass.
- Take the cold whipped cream out of the fridge, give it a whip and pour it over the back of the spoon and into the glass, until you hit the rim of the glass.
- Your Irish Coffee is ready! Grate a light nutmeg over the top and serve immediately. Try this recipe on International Coffee Day.
Mocha Coffee Or Cafe Mocha
Chocolate-flavoured cafe latte, Mocha Coffee is one of the best coffee recipes. One of the different types of coffee, it is a great concoction of strong coffee and sweet chocolate. Follow the instructions given below to make Mocha Coffee at home this International Coffee Day-
- Chocolate Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Espresso - ¼ cup, freshly brewed
- Milk - ¾ cup, steamed
- Marshmallows - As a topping
- To make Mocha Coffee, firstly, heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat and let it boil.
- Next, add the chocolate sauce to a large coffee mug.
- Now, pour in the espresso. Stir them both until combined thoroughly.
- Add the steamed milk and stir again.
- Your Mocha Coffee is ready! Top it with marshmallows and serve immediately.
Iced Americano Coffee
A great homemade summer drink, Iced Americano Coffee is one of the different types of coffee. It is one of the best coffee recipes that can be easily made at home. Follow the Iced Americano Coffee recipe given below and try it this International Coffee Day-
- Espresso - 2 (60 ml), freshly brewed
- Cold Water - 60 ml
- Ice Cubes - As required
- Milk - ½ cup
- To make Iced Americano Coffee, firstly, cool down your freshly brewed espresso shots using ice cubes.
- Next, add ice cubes halfway through in a tall glass.
- Pour in the cooled down espresso shots.
- Add cold water and give it a stir. Now, add the milk and stir again.
- Your Iced Americano Coffee is ready!
Flat White Coffee
Flat White Coffee is one of the different types of coffee that is rich and velvety smooth. One of the best coffee recipes, it is made from espresso and microfoam. Follow the Flat White Coffee recipe given below to try it this International Coffee Day-
- Milk - 75 gms
- Espresso - 2 shots
- To make Flat White Coffee, firstly, brew your espresso shots. Once done, steam the milk.
- Once the milk and espresso shots are ready, pour the espresso in first.
- Then slowly pour the milk on top of your espresso. You can make some latte art if you know.
- Your Flat White Coffee is ready!
Macchiato Coffee is an espresso coffee drink, with a small amount of milk. It has the largest concentration of espresso amongst all the different types of coffee. One of the best coffee recipes, it is mostly enjoyed in the morning. Follow the recipe of Macchiato Coffee given below and try it this International Coffee Day-
- Espresso - 35 ml
- Milk - 50 to 100 ml
- To make Macchiato Coffee, firstly, brew your espresso shots.
- Steam the milk until it has 1 to 2 cm of foam on top.
- Once your coffee is brewed and milk is steamed, take a cup and first add the espresso to it. Then, spoon 2 to 3 tbsp of milk foam over it.
- Your Macchiato Coffee is ready!
If we were to name any unique coffees in this list, then Affogato Coffee would be it! It is one of the most different types of coffee that is bitter and powerful. One of the best coffee recipes, it combines the two inseparable parts of Italian cuisine, coffee and ice cream. Follow the Affogato Coffee recipe given below and try it this International Coffee Day-
- Vanilla Ice Cream - 1 scoop
- Double Espresso Shot - 1 cup
- Chocolate Shavings - As required
- Hazelnut Liqueur - 1 tbsp
- To make Affogato Coffee, firstly, place an ice cream cup or mug in the freezer to cool it.
- Next, prepare the double espresso shots.
- Now, remove the pre-cooled ice cream cup or mug from the freezer and add a scoop of ice cream to it.
- Next, pour the espresso shot into the cup or mug followed by a dash of hazelnut liqueur.
- Your Affogato Coffee is ready! Top it with chocolate shavings and serve.
Mysterious and lesser-known, Piccolo Latte is one of the most unique and different types of coffee. It is a small-sized coffee originating from Sydney, Australia. One of the best coffee recipes, it can be easily made at home. Follow the Piccolo Latte recipe given below and give it a go this International Coffee Day-
- Strong Coffee - 15 to 20 ml, of your choice
- Milk - 80 ml
- To make Piccolo Latte, firstly, prepare a serving of strong coffee and pour it into a mug.
- Next, heat milk on medium flame and whisk it until soft foam starts to form.
- Now, pour the milk slowly in a circular motion in the mug and add the remaining foam on top of it.
- Your Affogato Coffee is now ready!
A popular homemade summer drink, a glass of Cold Coffee is welcome anytime! One of the best coffee recipes, it has many variations that can be tried. Follow the below-given Cold Coffee recipe and try the all-time favourite beverage on International Coffee Day-
- Milk - 2 cups
- Coffee - 2 tsp
- Fresh Cream - 2 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Ice Cream - 2 tbsp
- Ice Cubes - 4
- To make Cold Coffee, firstly, put ice cubes in a blender jar and add coffee, milk, honey, cream and about two tablespoons of ice cream. If you prefer your cold coffee extra creamy, then add some fresh cream to it as well. Blend all the ingredients.
- Now, take some ice cubes and then add it to the glasses. Pour the prepared concoction into it.
- Next, put a scoop of vanilla ice cream and top it with some chocolate syrup and nuts.
- Your Cold Coffee is ready!
One of the most different types of coffee, Iced Coffee is truly a delight to indulge in! Flavoured by nutmeg and rum or coffee liqueur, it is one of the best coffee recipes. Follow the recipe of Iced Coffee given below to make it at home this International Coffee Day-
- Coffee - ½ litre, freshly brewed
- Milk - 200 ml
- Nutmeg - As required, grated
- Rum / Coffee Liqueur - A pinch
- Ice Cream - 4 scoops
- Cocoa Powder - For dusting
- Icing sugar - For dusting
- To make Iced Coffee, firstly, freeze a tray of ice cubes with some coffee brew.
- Next, blend the remaining coffee brew with milk, nutmeg and rum until frothy.
- Now, in a glass, add 3 to 4 ice cubes. Pour the coffee over the ice cubes and top it with ice cream and dusting of cocoa powder and icing sugar.
- Your Iced Coffee is now ready!
Give your cup of joe a desi twist with spicy flavours! Spiced Coffee is one of the most different types of coffee distinguished by flavours of cinnamon, ginger and cardamom. Follow the Spiced Coffee recipe given below and try something unique this International Coffee Day-
- Coffee - 50 gms, freshly ground
- Cardamom Powder - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Milk - 200 ml
- Sugar - 1½ tsp
- Cream - 4 tbsp
- Chocolate - 25 gms, grated
- To make Spiced Coffee, firstly, combine coffee, 1½ tsp cardamom powder and ginger. Brew these ingredients in 1 litre of water.
- Next, heat milk and sugar until a scalding point.
- Now, pour in the hot coffee with the milk in a coffee cup.
- Whip cream and ½ tsp cardamom powder together. Spoon this concoction over the coffee.
- One of the best coffee recipes, Spiced Coffee is now ready! Top it with grated chocolate and serve hot.
- Let us know in the comments below which of the above mentioned best coffee recipes are you going to try this International Coffee Day!