Dil Bechara is a coming-of-age movie, inspired by John Green’s ‘The Fault In Our Stars’, and was one of the most anticipated movies of 2020. However, despite its impeccable direction and beautifully written screenplay, it is Sushant Singh Rajput’s deliverance that has immortalised this movie.
Since his first Bollywood debut in Kai Po Che, Sushant Singh Rajput has captured our hearts with the characters he has gone on to play. The coy behaviour he brings to life in characters like Ishaan, Anni, and now Manny is the reason why he is beloved by many. With Ansel Elgort playing the lead in the original make of the movie, there is no one except him who could bring this character to life in the most applaudable manner. Dil Bechara has gone on to become the last movie of Sushant Singh Rajput’s cinematic journey, and with that, the line between him and his character Manny, seems to have blurred.
This has given us some wonderful gems to always remember him by. We have captured some of our favourite quotes from Manny A.K.A Sushant Singh Rajput in Dil Bechara.
1. When we all related with Manny as he spoke about his dreams.
“Main bohot bade bade sapne dekhta hoon, lekin unko pura karne ka mann nahi karta”
2. The time Manny taught was what a hero really is.
“Hero banne ke liye popular nahi hona padta, voh real life me bhi hota hai.”
3. An irresistible offer that we would take up anytime.
“Mann karta hai itna tight hug doon ki inki tooti zindagi jod doon.”
4. When Manny gave us the key to all unanswered questions.
“Gaana adhura kyu tha? Kyunki life hee adhuri hai.”
5. The life philosophy we all must live by.
“Janam kab lena hai aur marna kab hai, woh hum decide nahi kar sakte. Par kaise jeena hai woh hum decide kar sakte hai.”
6. The moment we all felt like giving Manny the tightest hug possible.
“I don't want to be strong. I just want to be normal.”
7. He captured all our hearts with this one line.
“Meri raani zinda hai, aur tab tak humari kahaani bhi zinda hai.”
8. No one could have pulled off Manny’s cheeky dialogues the way Sushant did.
“Tumhara mujhe iss tarah ignore karna, won’t change my feelings for you.”
9. No one could have warned us about the tears we would shed.
“Can we just pretend? I am not dying. I am not going anywhere.”
“I want to attend my own funeral.”
“Main zinda hoon. I guess Kizzie ka matlab chipku hi hota hai. Par ab life se chipakne ki wajah mil gayi thi.”
“I am a fighter, and I fought well.”