Delicious & Nutritious Soups For The Soul
It’s always a good time to enjoy a big bowl of soup. Be it cold or hot, soups are comfort food that can be enjoyed in any season. Not only are they healthy and nutritious, but are also tasty and delectable.
During the monsoon season, soups are a welcome addition to the dinner menu! The nourishing vegetables or fruits paired with some everyday aromatics make for a scrumptious meal.
Below given are some of the easy soup recipes we recommend you should try this season-
Pumpkin Soup is one of the simple soup recipes packed with the goodness of pumpkin and coconut milk. It is one of the best soup recipes that is not only delectable but also healthy and nutritious. Best served with roasted garlic bread, try the Pumpkin Soup recipe given below-
- Pumpkin - ½ kg
- Black Salt - ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt - As required
- Coconut Milk - 2 cups
- Onion - 2
- Butter - 4 tsp
- Clove - 4
- Ginger - 2 pieces
- To start with this Pumpkin Soup recipe, wash the pumpkin under running water. Once done, peel and slice the pumpkin into thin slices. Keep it aside. Then slice the onions and keep them aside until further needed.
- Take a deep bottomed pan and heat the butter in it. Once the butter melts, add some cloves and saute. Next, add the sliced onions and grated ginger. Saute the mixture for a few minutes.
- Add the sliced pumpkin and salt to the pan and saute till the pumpkin gets tender. Once done, remove the pan from the flame. Now, take a mixer grinder and add the contents of the pan to it, followed by 2 cups of water. Grind the mixture to a paste.
- Next, transfer the paste to a deep bottomed pan and let it simmer. Add coconut milk, cumin powder and black salt. Stir well to mix the ingredients.
- One of the easy soup recipes, Pumpkin Soup, is now ready! Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with a side of roasted garlic bread.
Cold Cucumber Soup
Healthy, delicious and easy to make! Cold Cucumber Soup is one of the best soup recipes to enjoy if you wish to indulge in something light for dinner. It is one of the easy soup recipes that can be whipped up quickly in under 30 minutes! Follow the Cold Cucumber Soup recipe to make it at home-
- Yogurt (Curd) - 1 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Dill Leaves - ½ cup, finely chopped
- Sour Cream - 1 cup
- Mint Leaves - ½ cup
- Cucumber - 2 large, peeled and diced
- Vegetable Broth - 1 cup
- Mix cucumber, yogurt, sour cream, garlic and vegetable broth in a large bowl.
- Blend them all using a blender until the mix is smooth.
- Once done, add mint and dill leaves and blend again.
- Keep it in a refrigerator for an hour.
- One of the simple soup recipes, Cold Cucumber Soup, is now ready to serve!
Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomato Soup is one of the most popular, widely enjoyed simple soup recipes. A delicious comfort food, it is one of the best soup recipes that make for a perfect and healthy appetiser. Follow the below given easy Tomato Soup recipe to make it at home-
- Tomato - 4, chopped
- Clove - 4
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1, thinly sliced
- Vegetable Stock - 2 cups
- All-purpose Flour - 2 tbsp
- To start making this easy Tomato Soup recipe, soak the tomatoes in lukewarm water with a pinch of salt. Next, rinse it off with some cold water. Take a chopping board and chop the tomatoes. Place a stockpot over medium heat and add 4 cups fresh chopped tomatoes, 1 onion sliced, 4 whole cloves and 2 cups vegetable stock.
- Now, take a frying pan and melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Stir in 2 tbsp all-purpose flour to make a roux. Cook the roux till medium brown. Gradually, whisk in a bit of the tomato mixture, so that no lumps form, then stir in the rest. Season with sugar and salt and adjust the taste accordingly.
- One of the easy soup recipes is now ready to serve! Garnish it with a dash of paprika, crushed basil and croutons to amp up the taste.
Chilled Melon Soup Recipe
A great refreshment on a hot summer day! A soup made of fruits surely sounds odd but we guarantee that it tastes heavenly. A lip-smacking mixture of nutritious fruits, the Chilled Melon Soup recipe is one of the easy soup recipes to make at home. To make one of the best soup recipes, Chilled Melon Soup, follow the recipe given below-
- Melon - 1, deseeded and chopped
- White Grape Juice - 100 ml
- Lime Juice - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Mint Leaves - 1 tsp, dried and powdered
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp, roasted
- Grated Rind - 1 orange
- Curd - 150 ml
- Salt & Pepper - As required
- Orange Peel Stripes - 1, Blanched
- Grapes - 5 to 6, peeled
- Melon - Diced
- Croutons - As required
- To make this Chilled Melon Soup recipe, blend all soup ingredients together and strain.
- Season the mixture with the aromatics and keep in the fridge to cool for about 4 to 5 hours.
- One of the simple soup recipes is now ready to serve! Garnish it with the garnishings and serve cold.
Spicy Watermelon Soup
A delectable blend of sweet and spicy flavours! Spicy Watermelon Soup is one of the simple soup recipes that is low-fat, nutritious as well as diet-friendly. Follow the instructions given below to make one of the best soup recipes, Spicy Watermelon Soup-
- Watermelon - 6 cups, deseeded and chopped
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Mint - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Chilli Flakes - As required
- Olive Oil - To cook
- To make this Spicy Watermelon Soup, firstly, sauté the ginger-garlic paste and the chilli flakes in a little olive oil. Set the mixture aside and leave it to cool.
- Puree the watermelon and the mint in a blender until thoroughly blended. Add the watermelon puree into the saucepan with the ginger-garlic and chilli flakes and simmer until it thickens a little.
- Season it well with the aromatics and then, leave it to cool for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
- One of the easy soup recipes is now ready to serve! Garnish it with a sprig of mint and serve cold.
Summer Corn Soup
A delicious blend of different vegetables, Summer Corn Soup is one of the easy soup recipes enjoyed by adults and kids alike! Creamy in texture, it is paired best with a handful of bread crumbs. Follow one of the best soup recipes, Summer Corn Soup, given below to make it at home-
- Corn - 1 cup, boiled
- Black Pepper Powder - As required
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cornflour - 5 tbsp
- Salt - As required
- Mixed Vegetables - ½ cup, chopped
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Water - As required
- To make this Summer Corn Soup, start boiling the corn in water. Once boiled, turn off the flame and keep it aside for a while.
- Next, heat butter in a medium-sized pan. Add cornflour to the pan and allow it to cook. Make sure not to make the mixture brown in colour.
- Then, add milk to the pan and cook the mixture till no lumps remain. This will give the soup a creamy texture.
- Finally, add boiled corn, chopped vegetables to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Once cooked, turn off the flame and season it with some salt and pepper powder.
- One of the simple soup recipes, Summer Corn Soup, is ready to serve!
Vegetable Lentil Soup
Rich in protein and good for cardiovascular health, Vegetable Lentil Soup is one of the best soup recipes. It is easy to make and includes the goodness of vegetables and the flavours of rich aromatics. Follow one of the easy soups recipes, Vegetable Lentil Soup, given below-
- Lentil - 2 cups, boiled
- Tomato - 1, finely chopped
- Celery - 2 stalks, chopped
- Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 pinch
- Onion - 1, finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Sweet Potato - 1 small, boiled
- Salt - As required
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 pinch
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tsp, finely chopped
- To make Vegetable Lentil Soup, firstly, heat the olive oil in a pot and add onions to it. Saute until brown.
- Once done, add the garlic, celery, paprika and saute for a bit.
- Next, add the sweet potato, tomatoes and lentils to the pot with 2 small cups of water. Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to this and adjust the taste accordingly.
- One of the simple soup recipes is now ready to serve! Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Flavourful and scrumptious, Thai Chicken Noodle Soup is surely one of the simple soup recipes. High in nutritional content, you can add any vegetable of your choice and make your version of it. Follow one of the best soup recipes, Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, given below to try your hand at it-
- Chicken Breasts - 2 cups, halved
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Thai Red Curry Paste - 2 tbsp
- Chicken Stock - 500 ml
- Red Chilli - 1
- Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coconut Milk - 2 tbsp
- Lemon Wedges - 1, medium
- Rice Noodles - 150 gms
- Shallots (Small Onions) - 2
- 3 teaspoon brown sugar
- Broad Beans - 100 gms
- Red Onion - 1½
- Red Cabbage - 200 gms
- Bean Sprouts - 1 cup
- Salt - As required
- To make Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, take a pan/pot and heat oil in it. Once heated, add crushed garlic, chopped red onions and Thai red curry paste to it. Fry these ingredients for about 2 minutes.
- Then, pour the chicken stock into the pan and stir well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, take the chicken breasts and cut them into two halves. Once done, put these chicken pieces in the pot/pan. Cover and let it bowl. Once done, lower the flame.
- Let the soup cook at low flame for about 10-15 minutes. Then, take out the chicken pieces from the soup and keep them aside. Let the soupy curry mix stay in the pan/pot and leave it to cool
- Now, cook the noodles by boiling them in some water and drain the excess water when done. Then, put the noodles in the serving bowl.
- Take the cooked chicken and shred it. Then take the pan with the curry and heat it. Put some sugar along with chopped red cabbage and beans. Cook the soup for about 2-3 minutes. Put the shredded chicken in the pan/pot. Pour coconut milk and add chopped coriander leaves. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Once done, pour the soup over the noodles and it with some chopped red chillies, chopped red onions, salt and bean sprouts.
- One of the easy soup recipes is ready to serve! Garnish it with lime wedges and serve hot.