Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes For Naivedya
The Ganesh Utsav brings with itself a lot of enthusiasm, celebration and positivity. It is one of the most celebrated Indian festivals that people eagerly wait for every year. The experience of this 11-days long celebration is divine, pure and blissful.
People plan a grand celebration to welcome Bappa at home. They decorate their house beautifully, sing Ganesh Vandana and make different naivedya each day of the festival. Naivedya is an important part of Ganesh Utsav. It is prasad that is offered to Ganesha each day and then later distributed among everyone.
Below-mentioned are some of the Ganpati prasad recipes you can try this year-
Medu Vada Recipe
Medu Vada is an authentic South Indian recipe that is best enjoyed with coconut chutney and sambar. It is a great Ganpati prasad recipe that worshippers offer Ganesha on Ganesh Chaturthi. One of the tastiest Ganpati naivedya recipes, follow the Medu Vada recipe given below-
- Urad Dal - 2 cups, soaked
- Peppercorns - 2 tbsp
- Refined Oil - 2 cups
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Onion - ½ cup, finely chopped
- Curry Leaves - A handful
- Ginger - 1 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Water - As required
- To try this Medu Vada recipe, firstly, soak black gram (urad dal) in water for about an hour and rinse well. Then drain the water and grind the urad dal till it turns into a thick paste. Do not add too much water, just sprinkle a little bit of water to achieve a balanced consistency of the batter. Make sure that it's partly ground.
- Now, add cumin seeds, peppercorns, ginger, garlic, salt, asafoetida and then continue grinding. If you want to make it spicier, you can add some finely chopped green chillies to amp up the spice level.
- Next, take a bowl and transfer the paste to it. Add chopped onions along with curry leaves in the batter and mix well.
- Then, heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. To make the vadas, add a few drops of oil to your palm and extract the batter and make a small hole in it using a finger, right at the centre of the vada. Then, carefully drop the vada in the hot oil to fry.
- Increase the flame and fry well, till the vada turns golden brown. Put the vadas on a paper towel or tissue paper to remove the excess oil. Garnish it with some fried green chillies and curry leaves.
- One of the best Ganesh Chaturthi recipes, Medu Vada, is now ready! Serve with coconut chutney and sambar.
Shrikhand is one of the simplest and flavourful Ganesh Chaturthi recipes. Amongst the most offered Ganpati naivedya recipes, it is easy to prepare at home. Follow the Shrikhand recipe given below to make it at home-
- Yoghurt (Curd) - 400 gm
- Black Cardamom - ¼ tsp
- Milk - 50 ml
- Sugar - 250 gm
- Saffron - 2 pinches
- For Garnishing:-
- Almonds - 7
- Pistachios - 7
- To make this Shrikhand recipe, firstly place almonds and pistachios over a chopping board and chop them finely. Now, take a muslin cloth and pour the curd into it. Tie and hang the cloth until the water is drained from it. Also, put cardamoms in a grinder and grind them well to form a powder.
- Next, in a bowl mix curd and sugar. Blend them well. Make sure the consistency of the mixture is smooth.
- Now, add cardamom powder and saffron strands to the mixture and stir it. While stirring continuously, mix warm milk in the bowl. Combine all the ingredients well.
- Garnish the dish with chopped almonds and pistachios and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- One of the best Ganpati prasad recipes, the Shrikhand recipe, is now ready!
Ukadiche Modak Recipe
Modak is Ganesha’s favourite and Ganesh Chaturthi is incomplete without this sweet dish. There are many variations of modak one can try, but the Ukadiche Modak recipe is the most famous and one of the most loved Ganpati prasad recipes. Follow one of the most delicious Ganpati naivedya recipes, the Ukadiche Modak recipe, given below-
- Rice Flour - 75 gms
- Jaggery - 30 gms, powdered
- Green Cardamom - 1 dash, powdered
- Sugar - 25 gms, powdered
- Coconut - ½, grated
- Mixed Dry Fruits - 20 gms, shredded
- Ghee - 10 gms
- To try this Ukadiche Modak recipe, take a bowl and add grated fresh coconut to it. Add the shredded dry fruits, powdered jaggery, powdered sugar, cardamom powder in the same bowl and mix well.
- Now, to prepare the dough for the modaks, add rice flour to a bowl. Make a well in the rice flour and pour some hot ghee in the centre. Mix well and add little water to make a soft dough. Take small portions from the dough and roll them into small puris with the help of a rolling pin.
- Put a tbsp of the coconut-dry fruit mixture in the centre of the poori. Seal the edges of the dough using your hands. Shape the dough like a traditional modak. Repeat this and shape the remaining modaks.
- Next, place the modaks in the steamer and steam them for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- One of the best Ganesh Chaturthi recipes, the Ukadiche Modak recipe, is now ready!
Motichoor Laddoo Recipe
Add ample sweetness to your celebrations with one of the best Ganesh Chaturthi recipes, the Motichoor Laddoo recipe. It is one of the best Ganpati prasad recipes that is enjoyed by people of all ages. Follow the Motichoor Laddoo recipe given below to make it this Ganesh Utsav-
- Gram Flour / Besan - 2 ½ cups
- Ghee - 3 cups
- Baking Soda - 2 pinch
- Green Cardamom - 1½ tsp
- Edible Food Colour - ½ tsp
- For the main dish:-
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- To try this Motichoor Laddoo recipe, firstly, take a large bowl and add 2 ½ cups of gram flour, orange food colour and mix it well. Then, add some water and a little baking soda. Blend the mixture well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Now, heat ghee in a large deep frying pan. Place a perforated ladle on top of the oil and add some of the batter. Slowly let the boondi batter fall in the oil and cook them on a low flame till golden. Once done, place the boondi on tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Then, take a pan and add some water, sugar and let this mixture boil until it attains a two-string consistency. Then, add some cardamom powder and let it cook. Once done, add the boondis and cook till the sugar syrup and boondi are mixed properly. Cover it with a lid and turn off the flame.
- Now, grease your hands with a little ghee, take a small portion of the boondis and start shaping the ladoos. Repeat this process to make the laddoos.
- One of the most delightful Ganpati naivedya recipes, the Motichoor Laddoo recipe, is now ready! Garnish it with some chopped dry fruits.
Banana Sheera Recipe
Banana Sheera is a must-have Ganpati naivedya recipe during the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. It is one of the most healthy Ganpati prasad recipes that is loaded with dry fruits. Follow the Banana Sheera recipe given below to make it for naivedya this year-
- Banana - 2, mashed
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Semolina / Sooji - ¾ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1 tbsp, grated
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Green Cardamom - 2 pinches, powdered
- Cashew Nuts - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- To try this Banana Sheera recipe, heat a little ghee in a pan and roast the cashew nuts and the raisins in it. Once done, remove from the flame and keep them aside.
- Next, add some more ghee and fry the semolina (sooji) in the same pan until it turns golden. In another vessel simultaneously, boil water.
- Once the semolina is golden, pour the boiled water into it. Keep stirring as you pour the water. Cook until the semolina and water are combined as one.
- Once done, add the mashed bananas, sugar, cardamom powder and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with roasted cashew nuts, raisins and grated coconut.
- One of the most delicious Ganesh Chaturthi recipes, the Banana Sheera recipe, is now ready!
Puran Poli Recipe
Puran Poli is a big hit during Ganesh Utsav. It is one of the tastiest Ganesh Chaturthi recipes you can make during the festival. Follow one of the most popular Ganpati naivedya recipes, the Puran Poli recipe, given below-
- Chana Dal - 1 cup, blanched
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Fennel Seed Powder - ½ tsp
- All-Purpose Flour or Maida - 1 cup
- Salt - As required
- Refined Oil - ½ tsp
- Jaggery or Gur - 1 cup, powdered
- Green Cardamom - 1 tsp, powdered
- Nutmeg - 1 tsp, powdered
- Turmeric - ¼ tsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- To try this Puran Poli recipe, firstly, on a medium flame, pour ghee in a saucepan. Once the ghee is melted, add the blanched dal.
- Roast it for 2-3 minutes and then add jaggery, ginger powder, cardamom powder, fennel powder, and nutmeg powder. Mix it well and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the flame when done, and mash it using a masher once cooled down.
- Add all-purpose flour, turmeric, salt to taste and refined oil in a dough kneading plate. Mix well then add a little water in parts and knead well to make a stiff dough. Once done, divide it into 3 parts and keep it aside.
- Take one part of the dough in hand and make a small cavity in the centre. Add the chana-jaggery mixture in the centre and close, shaping it like a ball. Use a rolling pin to roll out the roti.
- On a medium flame, place the roti on a tawa. Add ½ tsp ghee and cook it well from both sides.
- One of the most delectable Ganpati prasad recipes, the Puran Poli recipe, is now ready!
Coconut Modak Recipe
Coconut is widely used in the coastal regions to make sweets. One of the most delicious Ganpati prasad recipes is the Coconut Modak recipe that people indulge in. Follow the Coconut Modak recipe given below-
- Coconut - 2 cups, desiccated
- Condensed Milk - ¾ cup
- Green Cardamom - 1 tsp, powdered
- Rose Water - 2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- To try this Coconut Modak recipe, firstly, add the desiccated coconut, cardamom powder, rose water and condensed milk to a large bowl. Mix well to form a smooth mixture.
- Now, grease your hands with a little ghee. Take a small portion of the coconut mixture and give it the shape of a modak. Repeat the process for the other modaks. You can also use a modak mould to shape the modaks.
- One of the most loved Ganpati naivedya recipes, Coconut Modak, is now ready! Garnish it with saffron strands.
- Let us know in the comments below which of the above-mentioned Ganpati naivedya recipes you are eager to try this festive season!
Wishing everyone a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!