Indulge In These Delicious Independence Day Recipes
Independence Day unites us Indians like no other Indian festival. On this day, the eyes of all Indians are filled with pride for our country and the progress it has made since freedom. Independence Day unites us and drowns us all in patriotism.
For such a special occasion, a grand celebration is a must. We must celebrate the efforts of all those freedom fighters who gave up their lives to this cause. And what a grand celebration it will be with some delicious and special Independence Day recipes!
Elevate your Independence Day celebration with the below-mentioned tiranga food recipes-
Independence Day Cake Recipe
Any celebration is incomplete without a delicious and creamy cake! And your Independence Day celebration calls for a tricolour Independence Day Cake. The best tricolour Indian recipe, it is easy to prepare and the addition of the beautiful colours amps up the visual appeal. Follow one of the best tiranga food recipes given below-
- Refined Flour - 1¼ cup
- Baking Soda - ¼ tsp
- Yogurt / Curd - ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Refined Oil - ¼ cup
- Baking Powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Powdered Sugar - ¾ cup
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Edible Food Colour - As required
- To make this Independence Day Cake, firstly, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Next, take a large mixing bowl and combine baking powder, refined flour, baking soda and salt.
- Take another mixing bowl and add curd, sugar, oil and vanilla essence. Stir all the ingredients well.
- Now, mix the dry mixture with the wet mixture and whisk gently. Then add milk to it and stir the batter until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- After the batter is ready, divide it into 3 parts. In the first part, add saffron food colour and in the other part of the batter, add the green food colour while keeping the third part white. Mix the food colour throughout the batter evenly.
- Now, grease the cake mould with a little oil and first pour the green coloured batter, then comes the white coloured batter followed by saffron-coloured batter on it. Even out the surface for a proper finish and transfer the mould to the heated oven. Allow it to bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Once done, leave it to cool down.
- One of the best Independence Day recipes, Independence Day Cake, is now ready to enjoy!
Tricolour Pasta Recipe
Who doesn’t love to indulge in a creamy and saucy pasta dish! This Independence Day, try one of the best tiranga food recipes, Tricolour Pasta. It is healthy, nutritious and perfect for brunch on Independence Day. Follow this tricolour Indian recipe given below-
- Penne Pasta - 200 gms
- Broccoli - 1 cup, sliced
- Carrot - 1, sliced
- Green Onions - ½ cup, sliced
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Garlic Clove - 1, minced
- Dried Basil - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Black Pepper - ¼ tsp
- Parmesan Cheese - ¼ cup, shredded
- To make this Tricolour Pasta, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Once done, drain the pasta and leave it to cool.
- Now, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium flame and add the garlic cloves. Next, add the broccoli, carrots and onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Once done, add the pasta to the skillet and give it a good stir. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Lastly, garnish it with shredded parmesan cheese.
- One of the best Independence Day recipes, Tricolour Pasta, is now ready to serve!
Tiranga Biryani Recipe
If you are hosting a dinner party on Independence Day, then Tiranga Biryani is perfect for your dining table! It is a delectable tricolour Indian recipe, enhanced with rich aromatic spices and juicy chicken pieces. Follow one of the best tiranga food recipes given below-
- Chicken - 500 gms
- Basmati Rice - 250 gms
- Onion - 1, pureed
- Onions - 2, thinly sliced
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Refined Oil - 3 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 3, finely chopped
- Shahi Biryani Masala - 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaves - 2
- Cloves - 4 to 5
- Cardamom - 4
- Cinnamon Stick - 1
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 tbsp, grated
- Green Chillies - 2, finely chopped
- Potatoes - 2, quartered
- Eggs - 3, boiled
- Saffron Strands - A handful, soaked in milk
- Orange Food Colour - As required
- To make Tiranga Biryani, firstly, Make a paste of 1 onion, ginger, garlic and curd. Once done, marinate the chicken with this mixture for approximately an hour.
- Boil the eggs and potatoes separately and set them aside. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and fry the sliced onions, sprinkling little sugar and salt so that they become crispy and brown. Once done, remove the onions from the oil. In the remaining oil, fry the boiled eggs and potatoes, smearing little salt.
- Now, place the marinated chicken in a pressure cooker. Add red chilli powder and biryani masala to it and cook for two whistles. Dry up any liquid left in the chicken.
- Now, heat oil in a pan and add the whole masalas- cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom. Add the chicken, fried eggs and potatoes and toss.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in boiled water with a little salt and 2 bay leaves. Rice should be only 80% cooked. Once done, drain the water and leave it to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, spread ghee. Add the chicken, eggs and a portion of crispy fried onion. Now, add the rice in 3 strips - one with grated carrot and food colour, one plain white and the other green with chopped coriander.
- Sprinkle black pepper, saffron milk and microwave 3 minutes.Toss lightly and microwave again for 2 minutes.
- One of the best Independence Day recipes, Tiranga Biryani is now ready! Serve it hot with raita.
Tricolour Sandwich Recipe
Fresh, tasteful and a must-have tricolour Indian recipe! Tricolour Sandwich is one of the best tiranga food recipes that can be made in a jiffy. Delicious and indulgent, it will be loved by adults and kids alike! Follow the Tricolour Sandwich recipe given below to make it this Independence Day-
- Bread Slices - 6
- Butter - As required
- Salt - As required
- Tomato Ketchup - For serving
- Mint Chutney - 2 tbsp
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - ½ cup, grated
- Carrot - 1, grated
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
- To make Tricolour Sandwich, firstly, butter the bread slices and keep them aside.
- Now, for the green layer, mix the mint chutney, grated paneer and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well and keep it aside.
- For the orange layer, mix the grated carrot, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mic well and keep it aside.
- Next, place a buttered bread slice on a clean surface and spread the green mixture on it evenly.
- Place another buttered bread slice over it, buttered side facing down and spread the orange mixture over it evenly.
- Place a third buttered bread slice over it, buttered side facing down.
- Repeat the same process for all the sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into 2 triangles.
- One of the best Independence Day recipes, Tricolour Sandwich, is now ready! Serve it with tomato ketchup.
Tricolour Idli Recipe
Give your regular idlis a twist with this Tricolour Idli recipe. A tricolour Indian recipe, it will be a big hit at your Independence Day celebration! One of the simplest tiranga food recipes, it is made with natural food colour. Follow the Tricolour Idli recipe given below-
- Urad Dal - 500 gms
- Idli Rava - 1 kg
- Cooking Soda - 5 gms
- Salt - As required
- Carrot - 50 gms, pureed
- Spinach - 50 gms, blanched and pureed
- Okra - 2 to 3
- To make this Tricolour Idli recipe, firstly, wash and soak urad dal and idli rava separately. Urad dal needs to be soaked for 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Once done, drain the excess water and start grinding the urad dal with some salt in a wet grinder or blender to prepare the batter. Add some water if needed and blend till you get nice frothy thick and smooth batter.
- Squeeze out excess water from the rava and add to the urad dal batter. Mix well and keep aside for fermentation in a warm place for a few hours.
- Now, boil carrots and blanch spinach separately. Once done, put it in a blender to make a fine puree for the colour.
- Once the batter is ready, divide it in 3 separate bowls. Add the carrot puree and spinach puree to the 2 parts of batter separately and stir nicely to get the desired colour. Keep the 3rd part of the batter as it is.
- Take the idli mould, insert muslin cloth, sprinkle some water and keep aside. Preheat the idli steamer.
- With a help of a spoon, first add the orange colour idli batter in the idli mould then the plain idli batter and the third with the green idli batter. Cut a small piece of okra and place it in the centre of the white idli batter.
- Cook the idlis for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the idlis are light and fluffy. Once done, remove from the mould and keep aside.
- One of the best Independence Day recipes, Tricolour Idli recipe, is now ready! Serve it with sambar and coconut chutney.
Tiranga Dhokla Recipe
Flavourful and healthy, Tiranga Dhokla recipe is one of the best tiranga food recipes. A great tricolour Indian recipe, it will leave your guests wanting more! Follow the Tiranga Dhokla recipe given below-
- Idli Batter - 500 gms
- Palak Puree - 1 cup
- Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
- Green Chilli Paste - 2 to 3
- Gunpowder - 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
- Green Chilli - 1
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Cooking Oil - 2 tsp
- Coconut - 4 tbsp, grated
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - A few, broken into small pieces
- Oil - 1 tsp
- To make this Tiranga Dhokla recipe, first of all pour the batter in a big bowl, add some salt and divide it in 3 equal parts.
- For making orange batter, mix one portion of batter, gunpowder and chilli powder. For making green batter, mix a portion of batter, palak puree, ginger paste, green chilli paste and a pinch of salt. Keep one portion as it is.
- Now, heat water in a big vessel on high heat..
- Grease any flat steel plate and transfer the prepared green batter to a greased plate and steam it over the vessel of water.
- When it is done, pour one cup batter for white layer and steam.
- Later, add the third and orange layer on top of it and steam.
- Let it steam for about 15 minutes, remove and leave it to cool. Once done, cut it into any desired shape.
- Now, heat the oil in a small saucepan and make the tempering of seasoning ingredients.
- Pour the seasoning over Tiranga dhokla and garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander.
- One of the best Independence Day recipes, Tiranga Dhokla recipe, is now ready! Serve it with mint chutney.