Handmade Rakhi Gifts For Sister
Raksha Bandhan is one of the most loved Indian festivals. This festival celebrates the loving, caring and playful bond between brothers and sisters. It makes their lifelong friendship even stronger.
The festival of Raksha Bandhan is just around the corner and we’re sure all the brothers are thinking about what to give their sisters this year. When it comes to gifts, it has to be thoughtful yet creative at the same time. And nothing serves both purposes better than DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts! It takes no effort in gifting a coupon from her favourite restaurant or a gift card from her favourite clothing store. But a handmade rakhi gift speaks volumes about your love for your sister.
Below-mentioned are some of the best DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts that you can make for your sister this Raksha Bandhan-
DIY Dream Catchers
DIY Dream Catchers make for the perfect and one of the best handmade rakhi gifts for sisters. You can combine some strings of your sister’s favourite colours and start making a DIY Dream Catcher. Below-mentioned are the steps to make one of the greatest DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts-
- Select a wooden or a metal hoop and use suede lace or ribbon to wrap around the hoop with the help of glue. Once the hoop is all wrapped, leave it to dry for a few minutes.
- Now, use artificial sinew or waxed nylon string to create the web. Secure the spring with a double knot on the hoop and working clockwise, loop the string around the hoop and back over itself to create a hitch. Loop until you’ve reached the starting point.
- Loop the string around the midpoint of the first line of thread to create the second loop. Create loops until there is a small circle in the middle.
- You can decorate the hoop as you wish. You could hang strips of ribbons or feathers on it to enhance its visual appeal.
DIY Wall Hanging
Express your love for your sister with this rustic and stylish DIY Wall Hanging. It is one of the best DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts that your sister will be in awe of. Follow the instructions given below to make one of the most creative handmade rakhi gifts-
- To make a DIY Wall Hanging, cut the cardboard into a circular ring with the help of a scissor.
- Wrap the jute string all over the ring with an adhesive.
- Take a long piece of the jute string and tie it to make a loop around the ring.
- Stick the twigs on top of the ring till the entire circumference is covered.
- You can also choose to spray paint the wall hanging in a metallic colour for a well finished look
If your sister is a bibliophile and goes everywhere with a book, then a DIY Bookmark is just for her! Let your sister know that you know her inside-out with one of the most thoughtful handmade rakhi gifts. Follow the steps below to make one of the finest DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts-
- To make a DIY Bookmark, take a cardboard and cut a vertical rectangle out of it.
- Punch a hole in the centre at the top of the rectangle.
- Stick white or coloured chart paper on the cardboard.
- Write quotes or decorate it with stickers.
- Tie a ribbon on the hole.
- DIY Bookmark is ready!
DIY Scented Candles
DIY Scented Candles as a gift is the best way to express that you care. DIY Scented Candles are the best DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts that your sister can use at the time of relaxing. Below are the steps given to make one of the best handmade rakhi gifts-
- To make DIY Scented Candles, melt wax in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add fragrance oil or Flower petals in the melted wax.
- Pour the wax into a candle stand and attach the wick.
- Wait for the wick to get secured and wax to solidify.
- DIY Scented Candles are ready! Tie them together with a ribbon and gift!
DIY Coffee Mug
If your sister is a coffee lover and loves to start her day with a warm cup of joe, then a DIY Coffee Mug is perfect for her! It is one of the delightful handmade rakhi gifts that will remind your sister of you every morning. Follow the instructions given below to make one of the best DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts-
- To make a DIY Coffee Mug, take a white ceramic coffee mug or a coloured one.
- With the help of acrylic paints, decorate it. You can write inspirational quotes as well.
- For a sparkling effect, cover the base of the mug with glue and sprinkle glitter on it. Leave it to dry for some time.
- Once done, remove the excess glitter.
- You can also write “Best Sister” or a Nickname with a permanent marker.
- Your DIY Coffee Mug is ready!
DIY Wooden Picture Frames
Gift your sister DIY Wooden Picture Frames with the picture of you two this Raksha Bandhan! It is one of the most emotional DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts that your sister will hold dear for years to come. Follow the steps given below to make one of the most exciting handmade rakhi gifts-
- Using a table saw, cut 1-1/2” wide pieces out of the plywood. You will need two pieces 8” long and two pieces 18” long.
- Glue and nail the 18” pieces to the ends of the 8” pieces.
- Drill a 3/16” hole in the centre of each 8” end using a block of scrap wood underneath to keep the wood from splintering.
- With sandpaper, smoothen the wooden surface.
- Measure a piece of leather lace 4 inches longer than your frame length. Thread the leather through the holes and knot each end. Trim excess leather as desired.
- Clip the pictures to the leather string.