Ramadan is one of the highly celebrated festivals around the world. Muslims across the globe observe a fast for 29 to 30 days to celebrate the first disclosure of the Quran. With the main essence of Ramadan being spiritual, it also focuses on attuning the mind and body. People observe fast during the whole day; consuming food in the wee hours of the morning and early evening.
An Iftar meal is served at the end of the day to break the fast during the whole month of Ramadan. Generally, people break the fast with dates and water, followed by an extravagant meal. The whole family comes together to share the Iftar meal that includes special Ramadan recipes.
Below-mentioned are some of the most delicious Ramadan dishes that are a must-include in your Iftar menu.
Fruit Custard Recipe
Fruit Custard is a fruit-based sweet dish and a summer special delight! It is one of the most delicious Iftar recipes to amp up the celebration of Ramzan. Fruit Custard recipe is not only tasteful but is also one of the most nutritional Ramadan recipes. Follow the Fruit Custard recipe given below and include it in your Iftar menu-
- Milk - 2 cups
- Water - 4 tbsp, lukewarm
- Pomegranate Seeds - ¼ cup
- Black Grapes - ¼ cup
- Apple - 1, small
- Custard Powder - 2 tbsp
- Brown Sugar - 6 tsp
- Banana - 2
- Mango - 1, small
- To make this Fruit Custard recipe, firstly chop all the fruits into bite-sized pieces and keep them aside.
- Now, add 2 cups of milk to a pan and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, mix 2 tbsp custard powder with 4 tbsp lukewarm water to form a smooth paste. Add it to the milk and keep the flame medium. Stir well to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Next, add the sugar and mix well to dissolve it. Simmer the mixture for 6 to 8 minutes more. Once the custard turns thicker, turn off the flame.
- Now, add all the chopped fruits and mix lightly. Let the custard cool down a little and then, place it in the fridge
- Serve one of the best Ramadan dishes, Fruit Custard, chilled. Garnish it with some finely chopped fruits, as desired.
Corn Cheese Balls Recipe
Crunchy, cheesy and flavourful! Corn Cheese Balls recipe is a perfect addition to your Iftar menu. It is a great appetizer and one of the must-have Ramadan dishes. It is amongst those Ramadan recipes that will be loved by adults and kids alike. Follow the Corn Cheese Balls recipe given below to make it this Ramzan-
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- All-Purpose Flour - ½ cup
- Bread Crumbs - 1 cup
- Feta Cheese - 1½ cup
- Coriander Leaves - 5 sprigs
- Water - ¾ cup
- Refined Oil - ¾ cup
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Green Chilli - 1, small
- American Corn Kernels - ½ cup
- To start with this delicious Corn Cheese Balls recipe, heat milk on medium flame. Since only warm milk is needed, avoid boiling it completely. Once done, keep the bowl aside. Then, chop the green chilli and coriander leaves and grate the cheese in a bowl.
- Prepare a smooth batter of flour and water in a small bowl. Next, melt some butter in a non-stick kadhai on medium flame. Carefully, add milk to the pan and leave it to thicken while stirring continuously.
- Once it thickens, remove the pan off the heat and add American corn kernels, grated cheese, chopped coriander and green chilli along with salt as per your taste. Mix all the ingredients well and set aside the pan. Let the batter cool at room temperature.
- The mixture will become thick once it cools down. Take a small portion of this mixture and make little round balls and dip them in the flour + water slurry. Delicately, roll the balls in the breadcrumbs so that they are covered from all sides. Repeat this process for the rest of the balls too.
- Now, heat oil in a deep bottomed pan on a medium-high flame. Once the oil is hot enough, add the balls and fry them in batches until golden brown.
- Once fried, put these balls on a kitchen towel to soak the extra oil.
- One of the most enjoyable Iftar recipes, Corn Cheese Balls is now ready! Serve it with a side of ketchup or mint chutney.
Mutton Kebab Recipe
- Make this Ramzan memorable with one of the most special Ramadan recipes, Mutton Kebab! It is one of the easiest Iftar recipes that can be made in under an hour. A must-include in your Iftar menu, follow the Mutton Kebab recipe given below-
- Mutton - 400 gms
- Green Chilli - 5
- Rice Flour - 5 tbsp
- Onion - 6
- Salt - As required
- Refined Oil - 1½ cup
- To make this yummy Mutton Kebab recipe, start with cleaning the meat properly under running water, then drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- In the meantime, wash the onions and finely chop them. Make a paste of green chillies, by crushing them in a mortar and pestle.
- Next, mince the mutton pieces. In case you already have minced mutton, you can simply skip this step.
- Now, add the minced mutton along with finely chopped onions, green chilli paste, rice flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix all the ingredients well and keep aside for about 40 minutes. Let the mutton soak in the spices. If you want to make it spicier, you can add some black pepper powder or red chilli powder.
- Then, heat the refined oil on medium flame in a kadhai. You can swap refined oil with ghee if you want to make these kebabs traditionally. Once thoroughly marinated, take equal portions of the mutton mixture and make balls and then flatten them and slip into the hot oil.
- Keep the flame low and the kebabs fry till the colour changes to a golden brown. Drain off the extra oil.
- Serve one of the best Ramadan dishes, Mutton Kebabs hot, with mint chutney and sliced onions.
Chicken Bread Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good chicken dish on the joyous occasion of Ramzan! The Chicken Bread recipe is one of the most loved Ramadan dishes. It is one of the delish and lip-smacking Iftar recipes that can be prepared in a jiffy. Surely a must-have in your Iftar menu, the perfect Chicken Bread recipe is given below-
- Chicken - 150 gms, shredded
- Dry Yeast - 1¼ tsp
- Refined Oil - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Black Pepper - As required
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Salt - As required
- Butter - 2½ tbsp
- Water - As required
- Parmesan Cheese - ½ cup
- Oregano ½ tsp
- All-Purpose Flour - 1¼ cup
- To prepare this Chicken Bread recipe, add yeast along with shredded chicken and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well and keep the mixture aside for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- Next, add all-purpose flour, oil, salt and ½ tablespoon of butter in a medium bowl and mix them well. Then, add the yeast mixture and milk with warm water. Knead the mixture to form a soft dough.
- Coat the dough with oil and cover with a damp cloth, keep it aside for an hour. Next, heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan on medium flame. When the butter is melted, add all-purpose flour to it and stir for a while. Then, add warm milk and keep stirring firmly. Make sure that no lumps are remaining.
- As the mixture becomes thick, add salt and pepper as per your taste to prepare the white sauce. Cook for a while then add shredded chicken pieces. Coat the chicken well with the sauce. Once done, remove from heat and keep aside for filling inside the dough.
- Now, take out the dough after an hour and knead it for another 10 minutes. Divide it into small balls, roll them out and press to make it flat. Add the chicken filling at the centre of each flattened roll and top up with grated cheese and oregano. Join the ends of the bread to the other side. After this, fold the sides of the dough. Place the dough with filling on the baking tray and cover with foil.
- Preheat the oven at 180-degrees Celsius and place the bread into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. After this, coat the top with the egg wash. Next, increase the temperature of the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- One of the most flavourful Ramadan recipes, Chicken Bread is ready! Serve it hot with some tangy dip. Garnish with mayonnaise and coriander leaves, if you want.
Dry Fruits Milkshake Recipe
An integral part of the festival, an Iftar menu is incomplete without a dry fruit dish. The goodness of milk and dry fruits combined in one of the most appetising Ramadan recipes, Dry Fruits Milkshake! A good Dry Fruits Milkshake recipe is like a burst of flavours, strong and subtle, of a variety of dry fruits. To make one of the scrumptious Iftar recipes, Dry Fruits Milkshake, follow the steps given below-
- Almonds - 5
- Pistachios - 5
- Milk - 250 ml
- Cashew Nuts - 5
- Walnuts - 5
- Sugar - As required
- To prepare this delicious and healthy Dry Fruits Milkshake recipe, take a big bowl and add some water along with the almonds, pistachios, walnuts and cashews. Let them soak in water for around an hour.
- Once soaked, drain the dry fruits. Take the almonds and peel their skin.
- Now, grind all the dry fruits together in a mixer-blender to make a smooth paste.
- Next, add milk and sugar in the mixer and blend them with the dry fruits till it has a smooth consistency.
- One of the most nutritional and energising Ramadan dishes is ready to serve!
Potato And Paneer Bread Roll Recipe
Potato And Paneer Bread Roll Recipe is one of the best Iftar recipes. Stuffed with aromatic spices, it makes for one of the succulent Ramadan dishes and a must-add in your Iftar menu. Follow the Potato And Paneer Bread Roll recipe below to make your Ramzan celebrations more enjoyable-
- Bread Slices - 6
- Refined Oil - 1 cup
- Water - 1½ cup
- Paneer - 1½ cup, mashed
- Onion - 1, finely chopped
- Green Chilli - 1, minced
- Red Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - ¼ tsp
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Garlic Paste - ¼ tsp
- Potato - 3, mashed
- Capsicum - 1, finely chopped
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala - ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala - ½ tsp
- Salt - As required
- Ginger Paste - ¼ tsp
- To start with the Potato And Paneer Bread Roll recipe, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan over moderate flame. Saute ginger and garlic paste over low heat till fragrant. Add minced green chilli and saute for a few more seconds. Toss in onion and saute till translucent.
- Mix in the cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder and chaat masala.
- Now, add paneer, mashed potato, capsicum and mix well. Add the coriander leaves and salt. Taste the filling and add more salt or spice powder, as per taste, if needed. Stir the mixture over heat till almost dry. Leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- To make the rolls, chop off the crusts of bread slices. Dip the bread into the water for hardly a second just to moisten them slightly. Now, carefully press the water out of the bread slices without tearing them.
- Hold one slice of bread in your hand, put 1 tbsp filling onto the centre of the slice. Bring the edges together to enclose the filling and shape into an oval. Repeat with the remaining bread slices. Keep aside.
- Heat refined oil in a deep bottomed pan over a high flame. When the oil is sufficiently hot, gently drop in the rolls one by one. Make sure that the rolls are not overlapping each other. Fry over medium heat till crisp and golden brown, approximately for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once done, serve one of the mouth-watering Ramadan recipes, Potato And Paneer Bread Roll hot, with tamarind chutney and sweetened yoghurt.