Cleaning the house requires a lot of time and our busy lifestyle does not spare us enough of it. With our busy lifestyle, we often neglect the task of housekeeping. We schedule it for the weekend but when the weekend rolls, we are too lazy or busy binge-watching to even pick up the sponge.
If we ponder upon it, housekeeping doesn’t have to be a hard job. With some smart and clever house cleaning hacks, housekeeping can be tackled within a couple of hours. All you need are some everyday kitchen ingredients, below listed cleaning hacks for home and you are all set!
Polish Surfaces With Olive Oil
Though everyone is aware of the nutritional benefits of olive oil, it will surely come as a surprise to you that it can be used in cleaning hacks for home too! It comes in handy in kitchen hacks for cleaning stainless steel pots, pans and appliances. All you have to do is squeeze a little olive oil on a soft cloth and rub in a circular motion to buff out any dirty spots. Your stainless steel utensils will shine as new with this, which is definitely one of the best house cleaning hacks.
Unclog The Sink With Baking Soda And Vinegar
One of the best kitchen hacks for cleaning, this school science experiment will unclog your sink like no other! The bubbling effect of baking soda and vinegar proves to be one of the easiest and fruitful cleaning hacks for home.
Follow the steps below to successfully carry out the simplest house cleaning hacks-
- Start by pouring a pot of boiling water down the drain.
- Next, pour a cup of baking soda and 1 cup water/1 cup vinegar solution.
- Cover with the drain plug and wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour boiling water down the drain again.
Get Rid Of Water Stains With Shaving Cream
Using shaving cream to get rid of stubborn water stains is one of the best cleaning hacks. It is amongst the top cleaning tips that can be used on shower glass, stovetops and even bathroom fixtures.
Experiment with one of the best house cleaning hacks by following the steps below-
- Spray some shaving cream on the area you wish to clean.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Clean it off using a sponge or cloth.
Eliminate Garbage Odour With Homemade Deodorizing Disks
A big pile of stinky garbage in a trash can is unappealing and a big no-no. Lucky for you, we have come up with one of the top cleaning tips that can eliminate garbage odour easily. Homemade deodorizing disks are easy-to-make and hassle-free. It is one of the best cleaning hacks that can leave your home with a fresh odour and that too, with minimal effort.
To implement one of the best house cleaning hacks, follow these steps given below-
- Add 3 to 4 drops of lemon or lavender essential oil in about ½ a cup of water.
- Pour the scented water into the baking soda and mix well.
- Continue to add small amounts of water until the mixture forms a very thick paste.
- Divide the mixture into the cavities of your silicone mould and leave it to dry for 24 to 48 hours until completely hardened.
- Once done, place these deodorizing sticks at the bottom of your trash can, bathroom, under your kitchen sink or any other desired space.
Use Essential Oil For Sparkling Toilet
Amp up the cleanliness of your bathroom with one of the best cleaning hacks for home. Essential oils are not only pleasant and aromatic but are a very useful ingredient in some top cleaning tips.
Follow the steps given below to have a sparkling clean toilet using one of the best house cleaning hacks-
- In one cup of baking soda, add 15 drops of tea tree essential oil and 15 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Rub the mixture with a bowl brush and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Scrub again with a bowl brush and flush!
Remove Burnt Food From Your Pots And Pans With Coca-Cola
Turn up the heat and the next thing you know, the food is burnt along with the pot. We have all been there and done that more than once in our lives. But worry not! We have come up with one of the easiest kitchen hacks for cleaning burnt food and pots. It is one of the simplest cleaning hacks for home that can be implemented with just one ingredient.
Follow the steps given below to carry out one of the best house cleaning hacks-
- Fill the burnt pan with Coca-Cola.
- Leave it to rest in the pan for several hours until the food is loosened.
- Use a scraper to remove as much of the residue as possible and use a plastic scrubber to scrub the rest.
- Wash the pot as usual.
Clean Your Microwave With Lemon Essential Oil
Heating food in the microwave can make your microwave smell like food and look greasy. Such a microwave can be unhealthy for the food you heat and eventually consume. But with the help of lemon essential oil, a popular ingredient used in kitchen hacks for cleaning, you can easily clean your microwave! It is one of those best cleaning hacks that consumes less time but delivers the best results.
Given below are the steps to implement one of the best house cleaning hacks-
- Combine 15 drops of lemon essential oil and 1½ cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave on high for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow the steam to condense on the inside walls and ceilings of your machine.
- Once done, wipe the surfaces with a sponge.