Cellulite is a condition in which a person’s skin becomes dimpled and bumpy. It is caused by fat deposits that misshape the skin’s connective tissues, which causes the unfortunate orange-peel look. Cellulite is a completely natural and common occurrence. The stomach, thighs, buttocks and arms are the most common areas where cellulite can develop. Although it does not damage a person’s health, some people wish to make it less prominent.
Cellulite is not easy to get rid of. There are many miraculous creams and lotions you might have tried to reduce cellulite but all in vain. The best way to reduce cellulite is to indulge in good dietary habits and cellulite exercises. Many research suggests that a cellulite diet combined with cellulite exercises can improve your skin and muscle tone and thus, reduce the appearance of cellulite. But it is a slow process and you will notice the positive effects of a cellulite diet and cellulite exercises gradually.
Below-mentioned are some cellulite exercises and cellulite diet tips that can help you to get rid of cellulite.
Exercises To Reduce Cellulite
Certain cellulite exercises can help tone specific areas of the body on which cellulite commonly develops. They can also help in the reduction of overall body fat, which can reduce the appearance of cellulite. Given below are some exercises to reduce cellulite in your body-
Curtsy Lunge is one of the most effective exercises to reduce cellulite and helps strengthen the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. You should do Curtsy Lunge at least 2 to 3 times per week.
How to do Curtsy Lunge:-
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Perform a curtsying motion by bending the left leg while moving the right leg backward, crossing over the midline. The right foot should land at a diagonal behind the left leg.
- Hold this position for about 3 to 5 seconds before using the left foot to push back to the starting position.
- Switch the legs, and repeat the above process. Performing the move on both sides counts as 1 rep.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 reps each, with a 1-minute rest between sets. Feel free to take longer breaks as needed.
Another variant of lunges, Lateral Lunge is a beneficial cellulite exercise that works on the muscles around your thighs and helps you get rid of cellulite. Like Curtsy Lunge, you should indulge in Lateral Lunges 2 to 3 times per week.
How to do Lateral Lunge:-
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and the arms to the side.
- Step to the side with the right leg, keeping the left leg straight, and bend the right knee to lower into a squat position on the right side.
- Keep the chest up to maintain balance.
- Push back up with the right leg to return to the starting position.
- Perform 12 reps on each side.
Glute Bridge is a cellulite exercise that works on the muscles in your lower back and hips without putting much pressure on them.
How to do Glute Bridge:-
- Lie on the floor with the knees bent, heels flat on the floor and the arms at the side with the palms of both hands facing the floor.
- Push through the heels to raise the hips off the ground, until the torso, shoulders and knees are aligned.
- Hold this position for a few seconds to engage the core.
- Return to the starting position.
- Perform 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps, resting for 1 minute between set
Popularly known as the Bulgarian Split Squat, this cellulite exercise requires an elevated surface, preferably a bench. It targets the quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
How to do Split Squat:-
- Stand next to the bench facing away from it.
- Plant the right foot about a lunge-length away from the bench and place the top of the left foot on the bench behind.
- Lower down into a lunge position with the right knee bent at 90 degrees and the left knee nearly touching the ground.
- Push through the right foot to return to the starting position.
- Perform 12 reps on each leg.
Dumbbell Rows is one of the best exercises to reduce cellulite and targets the biceps, along with building strength in the shoulders.
How to do Dumbbell Rows:-
- Keeping the back straight, stand with the knees slightly bent, tilting forward from the hips.
- With both arms straight and the wrists facing each other, hold one dumbbell in each hand.
- Pull both hands toward the ribs and then pause briefly with the elbows bent and the arms parallel with the torso.
- Move the arms back to the starting position.
- Perform 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps with a 1-minute break between sets.
Diet To Get Rid Of Cellulite
A cellulite diet can help you reduce its development in your body. Given below are some tips that you can include in your diet to get rid of cellulite-
Consume Foods Rich In Potassium
Foods rich in potassium such as bananas or papayas will be a great addition to your diet to get rid of cellulite in many ways! Firstly, foods rich in potassium help to reduce water retention which can be a leading cause of cellulite. Furthermore, potassium can help support the lymphatic system and ensure it works efficiently at circulating fluid and cleansing the impurities in the body.
Drink More Water
Another hassle-free way to get rid of cellulite is to drink more water. It keeps your body hydrated, encourages circulation and ensures proper lymphatic flow.
Take Vitamin C
Including Vitamin C in your diet to get rid of cellulite can be effective! It plays an important role in collagen production and its capability to help repair red blood cells. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that keeps your skin cells safe from damage. You can take Vitamin C as a supplement or from many fruits and vegetables, such as oranges, red and green sweet peppers, kiwi and strawberries.
Include Healthy Fats
Healthy fats in your diet to get rid of cellulite can help in proper blood circulation. Healthy fats such as oily fish, flaxseed, fish oils and nuts can enhance your body’s ability to deliver nutrients to skin cells, effectively eliminating cellulite problems.