Ganpati Decoration Ideas For Home And Mandap
Ganesh Chaturthi is just around the corner and we’re sure the preparations are in full swing! It is one of the most celebrated festivals where people celebrate Lord Ganesha- the epitome of wisdom, good luck and fortune with great pomp. This 11-days long festival is characterised by grand feasts, evening aartis, delicious modaks and an elaborate visarjan.
But before all that, lies the most important part of the festival, that is, the Ganesh Utsav decor! The decoration is an important aspect of the festival. Every year, people think of different decor themes for Ganpati mandap decoration. Some people like to keep it simple, while others prefer a grand one. Simple or grand, people decorate their house to welcome Bappa with great fondness, love and care.
Below-mentioned are some of the Ganpati decoration ideas you can take inspiration from this year-
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Drapes
Adorning the house and mandap with saree and dupatta drapes is one of the simplest Ganesh decoration ideas to execute. All you have to do is gather a few of your colourful sarees, fillies and dupattas and hang them behind Lord Ganesha’s idol and around the house. One of the most creative ideas for Ganpati decoration at home, it is the easiest to execute and doesn’t consume much time. To amp up this Ganpati mandap decoration, you can follow a colour coordinated theme. This colourful decoration with drapes, sarees and dupattas will leave everyone in awe.
Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Flowers
Add freshness and charm to your Ganpati mandap decoration with fresh flowers. Fresh and vibrant, you can never go wrong with flowers! Using flowers is one of the most innovative Ganpati decoration ideas for home. Floral decorations are not only traditional but also beautiful and charming to look at. Some of the most popularly used flowers for Ganpati decoration ideas are Marigold, Hibiscus and Orchids. You can use a combination of two or more flowers to elevate Ganesh decoration at home. The different shades of the flowers will give the decor a regal look.
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Paper Pinwheels
Using paper pinwheels is one of the most creative ideas for Ganpati decoration at home that will make everyone say ‘wow’. Salvage all the colourful and printed papers you have at home and start creating this Ganpati mandap decoration! Follow the below-given instructions of making paper pinwheels to execute one of the innovative Ganesh decoration ideas-
- Using a ruler, mark the centre of your square paper with a pencil. Next, with the help of a ruler, draw a diagonal line from each corner of the paper, halfway to the centre dot made.
- Use the scissors to cut down the diagonal lines that are marked on your paper.
- Fold every other point into the centre dot and put a pushpin through the paper. Make sure that you are holding the endpoints tightly so they can be pinned properly.
- Hold the pushpin with gathered points in one hand tightly and use your other hand to push the remainder of the pin through a straw.
- Your paper pinwheel is ready!
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Beautiful Rangoli
Rangoli is an integral part of Indian festivals and celebrations. A colourful and beautiful rangoli is simple yet pleasing to the eyes. Making rangoli is one of the most innovative Ganpati decoration ideas for home. You can make a grand and vibrant mandala rangoli around the Ganesh idol to make it the focal point. This is the best and an easy to make Ganpati mandap decoration. You can take inspiration from the web for mandala rangoli designs to execute one of the most beautiful Ganpati decoration ideas.
Ganesh Decoration At Home Using LED Lights
LED lights and string lights have the capability to magically enhance any decoration. Using LED lights and string lights in the backdrop of your Ganesha idol along with some other decorative elements is one of the most creative ideas for Ganpati decoration at home. You can pair these lights with flowers, drapes or any other Ganpati mandap decoration element. There are many options available for colours in LED lights and string lights you can choose from. We recommend you choose some subtle, soothing colours to create a pleasant ambience. Hanging LED lights around the house is one of the easiest Ganesh decoration ideas that can be executed in no time!
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Streamers
Nothing screams more playful than a bunch of colourful streamers hanging off the wall. If you are short on time and need to finish your Ganpati mandap decoration, then this is one of the most innovative Ganpati decoration ideas for home. You can pair colourful streamers with balloons to add an extra flair to your Ganpati decor. Using streamers is one of a kind Ganpati decoration idea and will be loved by all, especially kids.
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Peacock Feathers
Peacock feathers have an unmatched elegance that can beautify your Ganpati mandap decoration. The attractive and soothing colours of the peacock feathers will look aesthetic as a backdrop behind the Ganesha idol. Decorating the mandap with peacock feathers along with beautiful string lights is one of the most creative ideas for Ganpati decoration at home. You can refer to the internet to search for some simple and easy Ganpati decoration ideas using peacock feathers.
Ganesh Decoration At Home Using Garland Strands
Floral combinations of Marigold and Jasmine create an aura of calm and peace at home. Using garland strands of these flowers is one of the best Ganesh decoration ideas. Just hanging garland strands behind the Ganesha idol and smaller ones from the ceiling will give your house a warm and welcoming feel. It is truly one of the most innovative Ganpati decoration ideas for home you can try this year. Simple and traditional, garland strands will make your Ganpati mandap decoration stand out.
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Paper Quilling
Paper Quilling is an up and coming art form. If you’re looking for something unique for your Ganpati decoration ideas, then this is it! Paper quilling Ganpati mandap decoration will add the ‘wow’ factor to it. You can try doing little pieces like flowers and leaves and stick them on the board behind Ganesha’s idol. If you want something grand and elaborate, you could paste a big bouquet-like design on a chart board, and use it as a background for Ganesha. There are many different ways you can decorate with paper quilling. It is without a doubt one of the most creative ideas for Ganpati decoration at home. Below given are steps for making a basic flower with paper quilling-
- First, take six strips of paper in any colour you like. Take the quilling pen, place a corner of the paper strip in the opening, and press your finger on it. Then rotate the paper pen with the other hand.
- Now, roll out all six strips of paper using a paper pen. Place the rolled strips on the rounding board and create the desired shape. Make all the paper strips into a round shape.
- Next, make the flower petal by holding one of the first circles of paper and holding it with both hands (using two fingers of both hands). Grab it with your fingers and press it to the left and right.
- Assemble all the petals created in the shape of a flower and stick them together using glue.
- Your basic quilling flower is now ready!
Ganesh Decoration At Home Using Diyas
Lightening the space with diyas looks even more surreal and magical. It gives a space a bright makeover and is absolutely a perfect and one of the most innovative Ganpati decoration ideas for home. You can choose different shades of diyas for your Ganpati mandap decoration. You can also stick to a single colour theme for it. Diyas are one of the best Ganesh decoration ideas that is easy to execute.
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Golden Kaliras
One of the most interesting Ganpati decoration ideas, kaliras are attractive and definitely an eye-pleaser. Its pleasant sound is like music to the ears. Making a chandelier-like structure using golden kaliras to hang above the Ganesh idol will look absolutely gorgeous and royal. One of the most creative ideas for Ganpati decoration at home, kaliras can be paired with various types of flowers like marigolds, to amp up the decor. Your Ganpati mandap decoration will definitely be Instagram-worthy with golden kaliras.
Ganesh Decoration At Home Using Indoor Plants
If you are not into all the jazz of vibrant and festive decor, you opt for a simple one using indoor plants. Arrange a tint green corner for Ganesha at your home and decorate it with some potted indoor plants like succulents, vines, flowering plants, tall plants or bonsai. It is one of the easiest Ganesh decoration ideas that can be executed easily. The splash of lush greens in your Ganpati mandap decoration infuses a tropical vibe to your festive decor while adding an edge to your home interiors. You can also decorate the area with oil lamps, string lights or candles for a pop of colour.
Ganesh Decoration At Home With Origami Flowers
Get your hands on some old raft paper and make origami flowers for Ganpati mandap decoration. It is one of the most innovative Ganpati decoration ideas for home that is eco-friendly and sustainable. It is also one of the most interesting Ganpati decor ideas to keep your kids engaged and bring your family together for some creative group activity. Below given are the instructions to make origami flowers-
- Fold a square piece of paper in half diagonally. It should now look like a triangle. Fold the triangle’s bottom two corners up to its point. You should now have formed a square. Fold each previous fold backwards halfway. The back-folded back edges should line up with the edges of the “square” underneath.
- Now, expand the triangles you folded in the previous step. Lift one side triangle, insert a finger to open the pocket inside, and re-flatten it along the crease so that it is expanded into a diamond. Repeat on the other side and turn the paper over.
- If you open the left area of the folded paper slightly, you’ll see that underneath the top sheet of paper, there’s a fold that half-covers the diamond underneath. Simply fold the point of the diamond into the body of the shape below the piece of paper that is half-covering it. Repeat it on the other side and turn the paper over again.
- Fold the left and rightmost corners inward along the creases that already exist. The resulting outline should once again be a square.
- Glue the top of the folded flaps using a glue stick. Squeeze the flaps together, then pinch the creases together tightly so that the folds protruding into the cone stay centred. To hold the glued pieces together, secure them with a paperclip. Next, make four more of these.
- Now, apply glue to the central seam of each piece. This seam is where the folded edges meet. Spread out the glue so that the centres of the pieces can stick together securely.
- Your origami flower for decoration is ready!
Let us know in the comments which of the above-mentioned Ganpati decoration ideas you will try this year!