Got held up again at work and can’t cook an elaborate meal? Made plans with some friends for an impromptu dinner at home but don’t know what to cook on such short notice? Didn’t get the time for grocery shopping this week? Worry not, we have you covered!
3-ingredient recipes are the perfect solution for all these problems. These recipes are easy to cook and require only a handful of ingredients. Though made just 3-ingredients, they do not lack taste and are quite filling.
Have a look at these three ingredient recipes for an indulgent meal.
One of the easiest 3-ingredient recipes for dinner, Skillet Chickpeas is a healthy dish. If you want to keep your calorie intake in check but also enjoy delicious food, then this dish is the best option for you. Follow the recipe below to make Skillet Chickpeas-
Spinach - 4 cups
Chickpeas - 1 can
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Cumin - 1 tsp
Garlic Cloves - 2, minced
- Remove any thick stems from the spinach and wash it well. Put it in a large saucepan and cook over low heat until wilted. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Once done, drain it in a strainer and cool. Try to remove as much water as possible by squeezing the spinach. Transfer to a chopping board and chop coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add spinach and cook for about 3 minutes. Later, add in the chickpeas, cumin and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and cook, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes until the chickpeas are hot.
- Your one of the easiest three ingredient recipes, Skillet Chickpeas, is ready to savour!
Chicken Caprese Salad
When it comes to some of the most-loved salads, Chicken Caprese Salad tops the list! It has a perfect balance of taste and health with mozzarella cheese and yummy vegetables. Try one of the quickest to whip three ingredient recipes, Chicken Caprese Salad, with the recipe given below-
Mozzarella Cheese Balls - 200 grams, spicy marinated
Boneless Chicken Breasts - 4, halves
Freshly Ground Pepper
Cherry Tomatoes - 400 grams, cut in halves
Olive Oil - For grilling
- Pick up the mozzarella cheese balls out of the marinade. Transfer half of the marinade to a medium baking dish. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Quarter the mozzarella cheese balls and transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining marinade and the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and oil the grate. Grill the chicken over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the mozzarella cheese balls and tomatoes. Toss and serve.
- Your one of the most-liked 3-ingredient recipes, Chicken Caprese Salad, is ready to serve!
3-Ingredient Black Bean Soup
If you are looking forward to preparing a simple dinner, then the 3-Ingredient Black Bean Soup is one of the simplest three ingredient recipes you can try. Follow the recipe below to cook the 3-Ingredient Black Bean Soup-
Black Beans - 2 cans
Chicken Broth - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 450 grams, diced
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium pot.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and blend the mixture to a liquid consistency.
- Garnish with pepper and herbs and serve one of the most delicious 3-ingredient recipes, 3-Ingredient Black Bean Soup, hot.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Who doesn’t love a good salsa and chicken recipe? The best of both worlds combined in Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is one of the perfect 3-ingredient dinner recipes. Follow the recipe below to cook Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken to perfection-
Chicken Breasts - 4, boneless and skinless
Salsa - 2 cups
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Lime Wedges - For Serving
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover completely with salsa. Toss until the chicken is perfectly covered.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 6 to 8 hours or high flame for 4 hours or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Once done, shred the chicken with a fork. Toss the remaining salsa, salt and pepper and mix well.
- You can serve this one of the tastiest 3-ingredient recipes immediately or store it in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
Reading the name of this dish makes your mouth water, doesn't it? Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken is one of the best three ingredient recipes to impress your guests at a dinner party. Easy to cook, it is a flavorful combination of lemon and garlic. Try out the Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe below-
Lemons - 4
Garlic - 2 to 3 heads
Chicken - 1 whole
Salt and Pepper
- Cut garlic heads and lemons in half and lay it at the bottom of the cooker. Cut the bottoms off the lemon so that they lay flat. Add a sprig of rosemary on the top of this layer.
- Remove insides from the chicken, rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Season chicken well from the inside out with salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken on top of the garlic-lemon slices and stuff it with a garlic head cut in half and a lemon cut in quarters.
- Cover the top of the chicken with additional lemon slices and rosemary sprigs.
- Set the slow cooker on high flame and cook for about 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked. Please cook at 165 degrees.
- When the chicken has cooked, turn off the flame and leave it to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from slow cooker, carve and serve one of the most impressive 3-ingredient recipes, Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken.
Shells And White Cheddar
Give the good ol’ mac and cheese a twist with one of the easiest to cook 3-ingredient dinner recipes, Shells And White Cheddar. We are sure you are bound to get hooked to this one with just a spoonful. Follow the recipe of Shells And White Cheddar and cook it-
Milk - 2 cups
Shells - 2 cups
White Cheddar Cheese - 1 cup
- Bring milk and pasta in a medium saucepan to simmer on medium heat.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure the milk doesn’t boil.
- Once the pasta is al dente, turn off the heat and add the cheddar cheese.
- Stir constantly until the cheese is melted.
- If you want your Shells And White Cheddar to be more creamier, add in more milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with oregano and serve hot one of the simplest to cook 3-ingredient recipes and savour.
3-Ingredient Chicken Wings
If you are craving some chicken wings but do not have enough time to cook them, then this 3-Ingredient Chicken Wings recipe is the perfect solution! One of the tastiest 3-ingredient recipes, it doesn’t lack flavour and can be enjoyed for a quick dinner. Check out the 3-Ingredient Chicken Wings recipe below-
Frozen Chicken Wings - 1 kg, thawed
Italian Seasoning - 3 tbsp
Honey To Taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the chicken and add the Italian seasoning. Use your hands to toss the chicken and seasoning together until the wings are coated perfectly.
- Place the wings on a large non-stick baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and crispy.
- Once done, remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy one of the quickest 3-ingredient dinner recipes.
Hummus And Avocado Sandwich
When talking about easy dinner ideas, nothing beats a Hummus And Avocado Sandwich! It is one of the most delicious and easiest to make 3-ingredient dinner recipes. Follow the recipe of Hummus And Avocado Sandwich given below to make it to perfection-
Brown Bread Slices - 4
Avocado - ½, peeled and sliced into thick strips
Hummus - 4 tbsp
Salt and Pepper
- Thickly slice the avocado, dip it in lemon juice and keep aside.
- Toast the bread on a pan from both sides until golden brown.
- Once done, lather hummus on all the four slices.
- Layer the lemon juice coated avocado on the bread and sprinkle salt and pepper for taste.
- Cover the top with another hummus lathered bread slice.
- Enjoy one of the quickest to make 3-ingredient recipes, Hummus And Avocado Sandwich.
Whole Wheat Pasta With Broccoli And Parmesan
Comfort food, through and through! One of the simplest 3-ingredient dinner recipes, whole wheat pasta with broccoli and parmesan, will leave you wanting for more. The goodness of broccoli with the delicious parmesan is a combination worth trying once. Follow the recipe below to make whole wheat pasta with broccoli and parmesan-
Whole Wheat Fusilli - ½ cup
Olive Oil - 1 tsp
Broccoli Florets - 2 cups, cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and Pepper
Parmesan Cheese - ¾ cup, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium flame.
- Once heated, add broccoli, salt and pepper. Cook until broccoli is al dente and browned, approximately for 4 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and parmesan cheese and toss well.
- Serve hot one of the tastiest 3-ingredient recipes, whole wheat pasta with broccoli and parmesan.
Pesto Tuna Sandwich
Fix yourself a Pesto Tuna Sandwich with this one of the quickest and easiest 3-ingredient dinner recipes. Follow the recipe below to make Pesto Tuna Sandwich-
Tuna - 1 can, drained
Pesto - 1½ tbsp
Whole Wheat Bread- 2, toasted
- In a bowl, combine tuna and pesto. Mix well.
- Lather one of the toasted bread slices with the mixture and cover it with the other.
- Enjoy this fix-in-a-minute one of the most delicious 3-ingredient recipes, Pesto Tuna Sandwich.
BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Yummy baked taters stuffed with chicken and barbeque sauce, sounds like heaven! The delectable combination of barbeque sauce and chicken make this one of the best 3-ingredient dinner recipes. Check out the recipe below and see for yourself-
Sweet Potatoes - 2 medium, halved
Chicken Breasts - 450 grams, boneless and skinless
BBQ Sauce - ⅓ cup
Parsley - For Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit and lay the sweet potatoes cut side up on a large baking sheet. Roast until the potatoes are tender, approximately for about 35 minutes.
- Stir together chicken and BBQ sauce in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes until warm.
- Once done, top each potato with a spoonful of chicken filling. Drizzle the remaining BBQ sauce over the top.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve one of the most tasteful 3-ingredient recipes, BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.