A Sneak Peek Into The Life Of The ‘He-man’ Of Bollywood
The living legend who stole a million hearts with his charm and his talent.
1. In the mid-seventies, Dharmendra was voted one of the most handsome men in the world.
2. Dharmendra stepped into the industry in 1960 with a film titled Dil Bhi Tera, Hum Bhi Tere. He was paid only Rs. 51 for this film.
3. Dharmendra was noticed in a Filmfare spot-the-talent contest and came to Bombay from Ludhiana to become an actor.
4. He has received the World Iron Man award.
5. Dharmendra established himself as an action hero with the 1966 release Phool Aur Paththar.
6. On seeing Dharamendra’s fit body, veteran actor Dilip Kumar had once exclaimed that God was unfair to him for not having gifted him with a body like Dharmendra.
7. Dharmendra’s career spans over five decades from 1960 – 2013 and has acted in more than 250 films till date.
8. He is the only actor who has worked with most number of directors and paired opposite most number of actresses in his career.
9. He is the only leading actor who had 11 films released twice in a year which were in 1973 and 1977.
10. In 2012, he was honoured the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian honor by the Government of India.