Padma Bhushan: A new feather in Dhoni’s hat
Our beloved former Indian cricket captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been a favourite since day one. Standing among the best players in cricketing history. He has inspired a lot of people for a very long time and continues to do so. He was honoured with a Padma Bhushan on 2nd April 2018 and we couldn’t be more proud of him.
1. Dhoni was honoured with a Padma Bhushan Award at a ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi by the President of India Ram Nath Kovind on 2nd April 2018
Image Courtesy: photogallery.indiatimes.com
2. MS, who also holds the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel of Indian Army accepted the award in his army uniform
Image Courtesy: www.thequint.com
3. After receiving the honour, Dhoni on Instagram posted a picture stating, “An honour to get the Padma Bhushan and receiving it in uniform increases the excitement ten folds”
Image Courtesy : www.peepingmoon.com
4. He further expressed his gratitude to all the soldiers who sacrifice their lives, “Thanks to all the Men and Women in Uniform and their families for the sacrifices they make so that all of us could enjoy our Constitutional Rights. Jai Hind”
Image Courtesy : www.thequint.com
5. Later, Dhoni also posted a picture with daughter Ziva in his lap, wearing his army cap
Image Courtesy : paperdabba.com
Dhoni is the 11th Indian cricketer to receive the Padma Bhushan award.
He was earlier awarded the Padma Shri award back in 2009. Our
heartiest congratulations to MS for the honour.