The highly anticipated sequel to Vishwaroopam is here!
After a lack of news for a long time, Kamal Hassan finally announced his highly anticipated movie – Vishwaroopam II on 2nd May last year. Kamal Hassan’s tough look in the sequel poster created a huge buzz on the internet. The 1st part of the film broke box office records. Read more about the film here!
1. Vishwaroopam is a 2013 spy thriller film written and directed by Kamal Hassan. He was also the lead character in the film
Image courtesy: indiannerve.com
2. It was the first Indian film to utilize the new Auro 3D sound technology in the cinema world
Image courtesy: ralisfx.com
3. Despite various protests and fragmented release of the film, Vishwaroopam gained positive reviews and was the second highest-grossing Tamil film of all time
Image courtesy: www.youtube.com
4. The film was appreciated with certain awards. Like the one for Best Art Direction and Best Choreography at the 60th National Film Awards
Image courtesy: alchetron.com
5. The film accounted for 90% of the collections in Chennai box office on its opening weekend. Despite the controversy, the Hindi version of the film too worked well at the box office with a business of ₹190 million net profit. The film also completed a 100-day run in Tamil Nadu
Image courtesy: jenniferlawrencefullhdwallpapers.blogspot.com
6. Vishwaroopam II was initially to be released in late 2013 but the film faced certain development issues and was revived in April 2017. Kamal Hassan then himself took hold of the situation and took over as producer
Image courtesy: www.v2cinemas.com
7. The first look of the sequel was released on May 2, 2017, and the film is set to release in April 2018.
Image courtesy: www.cinestaan.com
The sequel is all set to come out this year. We’re geared up and ready
to book tickets for ourselves. Are you up for it too?