An accomplished actor and a remarkable person: That’s Ratna Pathak for us!
If you admire the idea of beauty with brains, we know someone who personifies this idea perfectly- Ratna Pathak. From her journey in the theatre world to winning accolades internationally, there are many things that make her stand out from other actors and personalities. Read on to know why we admire this gem of a person.
1. Her love story with Naseeruddin Shah is the most genuine story you’d ever hear. In 1975, a young college student Ratna and Naseeruddin met as co-actors for their first play titled Sambhog se Sanyas tak, and they hit-off instantly! She summarised their story with this quote: “One day we were not even friends; the next day we were going out together.”
Image Courtesy : schoopwhoop.com
2. She also sat on the director’s chair for the play A Walk In The Woods which has her husband and notable actor Naseeruddin Shah and the talented Rajit Kapur. Showcasing the dialogue between diplomats of India and Pakistan, this play has received great reviews and put Ratna Pathak on a different pedestal in the world of theatre.
Image Courtesy : www.straitstimes.com
3. Not many people know that she was a member of the jury that made the selection of 42 people for Padma Sri including Sridevi, and ten reciepients for Padma Bhusha including Sharmila Tagore and Rahul Dravid. She sat alongside scientist Anil Kakodkar and Union Home Secretary RK Singh for this selection.
Image Courtesy : YouTube.com
4. An alumna of National School of Drama, she mastered comic roles at an early part of her career. Her role as Sunita in Idhar Udhar, a sticom of the 1980s made her standout as an actor who could play different genres seamlessly. Interestingly, her co-actor was her real life sister Supriya Pathak.
Image Courtesy : magnamags.com
5. Winning the Stand Out Performance award at the London Asian Film Festival and Best Acting Award at the second Ottawa Indian Film Festival Awards (OIFFA) for her role in Lipstick Under My Burkha, she made lots of fans outside India.
Image Courtesy : dnaindia.com
6. With her latest appearance in Love Per Square Foot on Netflix, there’s not a platform Ratna Pathak hasn’t acted in. Her performance in this movie is being lauded by critics.
Image Courtesy : indianscreen.com
7. As per mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com, an exciting fact is that she will be essaying the role of Dina Pathak in the third season of the famous TV show Khichdi. With her playing Badi Maa in Khichdi, we will see the Pathak sisters (Ratna and Supriya Pathak) on-screen after almost 38 years. Additionally, this will be the second time after Khoobsurat where she will play her mother Dina Pathak’s role.
Image Courtesy : imdb.com
On her birthday, we would like to wish the talented actress a super day and that she continues to entertain us with her flawless acting.
Which role of Ratna Pathak is your favourite? Tell us in the comments.